- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight on the night before your procedure; including no gum, mints, or hard candy.
- Try to hydrate with non-alcoholic drinks the day prior to surgery.
- Diabetic Patients: DO NOT TAKE YOUR MORNING DIABETIC MEDICATION.
- If you take high blood pressure meds, please take it with a sip of water the day or your procedure.
- Wash with hibiclens soap the day of the surgery. Do not use on your face.
- Do not take blood thinners one week prior to surgery—see list
- If you are taking Coumadin, efficient, or Warfarin, it will require additional blood test within 24 hours of procedure and you will be instructed regarding.
- You must have a caregiver at least eighteen (18) years old to drive you home and stay with you the first 24 hours after procedure.
- Fill any prescriptions your physician has prescribed you and follow as directed.
- If you have been instructed to prep with an enema; it must be done 2 hours prior to arrival.
- If you have asthma , please bring your inhaler to surgery with you.
- Wear no makeup the day of surgery.
- Remove all nail polish before surgery.
- Take off all jewelry including any body piercings prior to surgery.
- Do not wear contacts to surgery.
- Bring POA/Living Will if you have one to surgery.
- If home care is ordered by your doctor, it will be set up prior to your surgery.
- Wear loose fitting clothing to the surgery center.
- Have you family dress warm because it is cool in the surgery center.
- If you become ill prior to surgery, please call and notify the surgery center at 239-337-7874.
- Bring you ID and insurance card with you.